Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being told I haven't paid a bill when I have

Kevin21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I keep getting messages saying my bill is overdue even though the money has come out of my account 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Use the specific Payment management number  0800 902 0217

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Message 2 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

I got the same when I was being moved from Legacy to the new 360 billing system a few weeks back. At the time, I was also unable to access MyO2 to confirm the payment balance was zero.

Nobody here can access your account, @Kevin21 - but do reach out to O2 either via 202 or Social Media at the link below to confirm.

Message 3 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Not the first post on this topic.

Looks like Payment problems O2's end.

Follow the advice given to check

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 12

RAllen
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm getting the same messages.  After contacting my bank to confirm the DD did go through I contacted O2.  They still insist the DD failed and they have not been paid.  Even after having proof from my bank it was paid, they still insist it was not paid.

Message 5 of 12

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@RAllen 

You need to ask your bank to give you the unique payment identification number, which will probably be a sixteen digit number. You then give this to O2 so that they can trace the payment. 

It will either have ended up in a suspense or unidentified remittances' account, or have been credited to the account of another customer.   

Message 6 of 12

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Did you get this sorted out @Kevin21 and @RAllen ?

As @Enlli mention, there were quite a few reports of issues of this nature in the run-up to Christmas. 

If your problems are resolved, what actually prompted the resolution ? Was it something that you did or did the issues effectively solve themselves ? 

Message 7 of 12

RAllen
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@OxonianO2 have sorted this out by themselves.  After receiving the text, in December about the DD not going out I paid via my banking app.  O2 have now taken off the extra payment I did and my next bill is £0

Message 8 of 12

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@RAllen 

Glad to hear that it has been sorted. 👍

Message 9 of 12

spamalam
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a cryptic message saying my direct debits had failed and they cancelled it.  Very strange, all other direct debits went through without issues.

Sounds like O2 completely shanked their payments over December.  Given the scale, it's a bit stupid to blame their customers.

Message 10 of 12