cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged monthly by number 80556

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every month I am being charged £4.17 by the number 88056 however no text or call linked with the number. I visited 02 and was passed on to a person on the phone who was to block all premium numbers. But this month I was charged again ! After searching for a good few hours online I found an email which is apparently linked to the number. Therefore sent an email saying I want nothing to do with the company and to stop charging me. The phone number linked to the number is 02079215562.
What do I do ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123583 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

You have obviously signed up fr something inadvertently. You do need to perservere to get them to stop charging you and ask them to remove your number from their mailing list. Nothing to do with O2

Advice here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should text the number with STOPALL to see if that works ?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145337 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions
A premium number block will only stop outgoing premium calls and texts. O2 have no ability to block incoming calls or texts, no network has.
You need to track down who is charging you and call them to remove your number, or just change your number, if you can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123583 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

Usual advice is to avoid doing that as it lets the 'scammers' know the number is live. You need to follow the advice given in the link and contact this company http://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/unexpected-phone-charge

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes contact the company directly. I would be calling their customer care number and asking them to stop the subscription and for them to refund all charges. 

Message 6 of 6