Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad reception

Isaint
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had an up grade .. brand new phone four weeks ago. Ever since I have had problems with the reception from 02 . Certain areas especially the pe7 area.
I've spoken to 02 and you keep fobbin me off with 'Oh there's quite a lot of traffic in that area!' This has been going on for months. I can't have a conversation on my phone without intermittent reception very annoying!
I don't see why I should be held in a contract where by I have to pay fully for half a service.
If I don't get satisfaction soon I will go to the OFT

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Isaint 

Download the MyNetwork app and report the issue through it https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

You can also check the network here https://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Isaint 

Download the MyNetwork app and report the issue through it https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

You can also check the network here https://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Isaint  Your situation is, I'm afraid, not unique, and O2 have covered themselves in their Terms & Conditions. I'm sure that all the networks have similar terms. You wouldn't get very far with your complaint.

6.5 Our 4G services may be affected by the number of people using the 4G service, maintenance and upgrades, faults from other networks, the weather, other environmental factors or degradation.

6.6 You should check our coverage checker at www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker before signing up to our 4G services. This is an indication and prediction of outdoor coverage, but coverage may vary depending on time and location. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. The coverage checker is a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage. Check for live network updates in affected areas at http://status.o2.co.uk/.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Tobe quite honest, you say this has been going on for months yet you stayed with O2 and upgraded 4 weeks agon. I have to ask why would you do that and then want to get out of contract knowing there are issues with O2 months ago. I don't think there is a chance unfortunately.

Message 4 of 9

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
HI Isaint,

Sorry to hear about your network issues. First might I ask what handset you upgraded to. Second before upgrading, did you speak to customer service and tech regarding signal issues?
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Tobe quite honest, you say this has been going on for months yet you stayed with O2 and upgraded 4 weeks agon. I have to ask why would you do that and then want to get out of contract knowing there are issues with O2 months ago. I don't think there is a chance unfortunately.

I agree with that @jonsie Makes no sense to me at all!

If I had been having network problems with O2 for months, I certainly wouldn't have upgraded with them. .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Isaint if you went to an ombudsman you would have no leg to stand on & as you knew there were issues before upgrading then purely it’s not o2’s fault. You were the one who decided to upgrade in a bad signal area not O2

Message 7 of 9

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I had similar with EE. Decreasing signal / service over time in my own village. To the point of zero signal at all in my own street and house.

But as said, why not vote with your feet if you were out of contact.
I did. Tested all main operators at home and have started bringing all my lines over to O2.

At worst you could have done something within your 14 days of new contract. Hard now. Good luck.
unnamed
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I have to agree with others on this one.

I don't live in a village but there's lots of trees around me which cause problems with mobile reception (trades people get rather frustrated when they come to carry out work here until I explain we seem to have problems with most of the networks)

I did a test with PAYG SIMs from all of the networks and in my case O2 works the best here for 3 amd 4G.

Message 9 of 9