cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for full password and security info when making a tariff query...is this normal for O2

jude63
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it normal for a customer service agent to request details of your password and give an answer to your security question in order to deal with a tariff query?

Just seemed a little strange / suspect to be requested to give out both sets of info, so I didn't and then the person wouldn't talk to me about anything and ended the call.

Rang them back on 202, got someone different and they only asked for an answer to my security question and resolved my issue immediately.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@jude63 

Usually just the answer to security question is needed but seems a few agents are asking for more than is needed just lately.

@Dave-O2 seems no consistency here between agents?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

More likely to be what the system throughs up to ask, and if your account can be identified via CLI presentation.. 

Most call centres are the same nowadays, and having built some call centres, we can ask a customer a random subset of questions and that could be password and security question. password and details pertaining to the account such as last transaction 

Don't think there is anything to worry about... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Why would CS need your account password?

Completely unnecessary as the security word is all that is asked for on the system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@jude63 Can you please drop me a PM with some further details on what happened?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 5