cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are they Havin A Laugh?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hoping to get nother C905 off O2, but are still currently out of stock. I receieve this email this morning:

'Your current handset is unfortunately out of stock at this time. As we do not yet have a date as to when to expect this handset back, we can offer you a list of alternatives to have as a replacement for this handset, these would be:

1.NOKIA 6220
2.REPAIR ONLY
3.lg renoir lite

If you would prefer one of these handsets please reply to this email and this will be arranged for you. If you would like to have the same model that you currently have, we can arrange a repair for this handset.'

Are they jokin me? Unless the 6220 is a good phone? Im expecting something a little better of them, seen as this is the third handset to go faulty on me!
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a 6220 last year for a day. The keypad fell off. Build quality was very poor but it had just been released and has had about a year for Nokia to sort it. Features were good though.
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im expecting this to be used model though, not listed on o2.

Surely they could offer me something else seen as its my 3rd faulty phone, and the c905 is clearly more value than the 2 Phones listed!
Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had to have my N78 replaced on o2 insurance. It had been gone from the website for a few months yet when I recieved it it was a brand new handset. Even better, it was totally unbranded meaning I could do firmware updates! Dunno if your replacement comes from the same sources.
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, i've told them that this isn't acceptable replacement, and that im not happy with sending my phone off!

See if theyll offer me something else!
Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't the c905 have wifi? Not sure but i think it does don't think any of the other phones come with that, so tell them the specs arn't acceptable and you need a phone with the specs. Maybe then they might offer something decent
Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent the following back:

I understand that the C905 has been withdrawn from O2 following the number of problems users have had with it, therefore I'm not expecting yourselves to be stocking anymore of this model.Unfortunately, I'm not happy with sending my phone off for repair, and the two other options of phones you listed me below are well, not a nice choice for someone whose had to deal with 3 problematic phones over a course of 6 Months. I'm hoping yourselves could offer me something better then the 3 choice below. An N96 or something along that line would be a more tempting offer.

See what they come up with now!
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do know they have the n95 8gb still in stock i don't know about the n96 tho
Message 8 of 32

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
I had a 6220 last year for a day. The keypad fell off. Build quality was very poor but it had just been released and has had about a year for Nokia to sort it. Features were good though.

I'd echo that. My OH had one and whilst features were good, the camera cover and screen cover started to come off on hers
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
the 6220 is a good phone mine is as good as new after a year
it has been dropped a few times and even been in a bucket of water and works 100%
Message 10 of 32