cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if O2 is shipping eSim packs with new iPhone 12's?

SteveMcD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there.

First let me say I currently have an iphone 11 with an eSim in it from O2.

I just ordered a new iphone 12 on pre-order - it hasn't arrived yet obviously.

My question is - I understand I would need a new eSim for the new phone as I can't reuse my current esim. Will O2 ship this with the new phone upgrade or will I need to go into a shop and order one myself?

Anyone know if they do ship a new eSim - is it already 5G enabled as I heard there is new eSims just to enable 5G?

Lastly... phew.. I have an apple watch also with an eSim from O2 on my account - it is synced with my current phone - is it synced with the phones eSim or just the phone number - how do I go about making sure the watch is still paired or will it just work once I upgrade to the replcement eSim via the sim SWAP process?

A lot of questions I know but hopefully someone out there with an iPhone 12 already knows all the answers.

Thank you for your time.

Steve McD.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@SteveMcD 

You'll need a new esim for 5g and we would hope O2 will ship a sim pack with the phone.

Might be worth calling to get one sent anyway, unless stores are open in your area?

You watch is linked to your number, but you'll still need to reset it to pair with the new phone, however, as the phone number is the same, you won't need to reset any banking apps.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@SteveMcD 

You'll need a new esim for 5g and we would hope O2 will ship a sim pack with the phone.

Might be worth calling to get one sent anyway, unless stores are open in your area?

You watch is linked to your number, but you'll still need to reset it to pair with the new phone, however, as the phone number is the same, you won't need to reset any banking apps.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

SteveMcD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Steve

Message 3 of 3