cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i entitled to a "Brand New" handset?

Anonymous
Not applicable
6 months ago i re newed my O2 contract and got the Sony Ericsson C905. Within days, the software crashed and i was issued with a replacement (refurbished) handset. This worked fine until the end of last month when the software crashed again. This time the phone was sent back for repair. Iv had the phone back just over a week and you've guessed, yet another software issue!

I called O2 and have been advised i can have a different model but has to be a refurbished handset.

Is this not wrong? Since i have already had a "refurbished" handset once already which has failed and been repiared, am i not entitled to a new handset? Since re newing my contract i have had one new handset which as mentioned crashed within days. In effect i have been without a new handset since starting this contract
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my opinion they should offer you new handset first time. In the end you signed new contract and by paying monthly you buying new phone. With the new phone you get at least year warranty, with refurb null. They defo need to give you working handset, maybe try getting different model
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my opinion they should offer you new handset first time. In the end you signed new contract and by paying monthly you buying new phone. With the new phone you get at least year warranty, with refurb null. They defo need to give you working handset, maybe try getting different model

Iv asked for a different model, but as im out of my 1st 28 days, and my 2nd phone has been repaired they say i can have a refurb of any model of my choice. Am i within my right to cancel my contract as iv yet to be supplied a "new" working phone......
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having software problems with my C905.

Its now the fourth phone to break they offered me;

SE C902
Nokia 5800
Samsung Pixxon
Handset sent to SE for repair.

Had asked for a like for like asin W995, sorry we haven't any situation!
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, you are not entitled to a brand new handset. If your car broke down you wouldn't expect it. Obviously it isn't great if a phone is faulty, however it is not o2's fault that they have done this and they will replace them.
Message 5 of 5