Did you mean: 

Airtime Discounts on new iPhones?

JoeyT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

So, back when I got my iPhone 7, I a friend of mine worked for O2 and got me a 50% discount on the Airtime with the F&F scheme. I then moved my partner over to O2 from vodafone to avail of the family discount (20% off airtime).

So, as it's been a while I and I had the refresh/trade-in upgrade option showing for the las few months, I decided to go for one of the new iPhones.

I thought I had lost the 50% discount when I added the other phone and applied for the family discount, but apparently not, but it seems I can't add my phone to the family discount as an upgrade doesn't count as a new connection and it has to be the "lead number". I could theoretically be elligible for the student discount or O2 Open, but neither of these apparently work on plans where the new iPhones were purchased...

I'm just a little concerned as I planned the budget before I upgraded but without having a lot of this info, and my bills have suddenly jumped up...

So, long story short, is there ANY scheme with which I could get an airtime discount on one of the new iPhone plans??

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, I'll clarify here too so everyone will know how the discount works. slight_smile

So having checked this with our Gurus, it is the oldest connected line that is the lead connection and cannot have a Family Plan discount - the lead connection cannot be changed to another one I'm afraid. All the other eligible lines will receive discounts once eligible when they renew next.

The discounts are then also based on when they’re connected too, so in the above scenario if ‘Account 3’ upgrades before ‘Account 2’, it would get 30% discount even though it’s the 1st to qualify for the scheme and only when ‘Account 2’ upgrades, the 2nd connected account would get their 20% discount.

Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi guys, I'll clarify here too so everyone will know how the discount works. slight_smile

So having checked this with our Gurus, it is the oldest connected line that is the lead connection and cannot have a Family Plan discount - the lead connection cannot be changed to another one I'm afraid. All the other eligible lines will receive discounts once eligible when they renew next.

The discounts are then also based on when they’re connected too, so in the above scenario if ‘Account 3’ upgrades before ‘Account 2’, it would get 30% discount even though it’s the 1st to qualify for the scheme and only when ‘Account 2’ upgrades, the 2nd connected account would get their 20% discount.

Thanks for that @Marjo though it sounds very complicated Thanks!

Message 12 of 12