Did you mean: 

Airplan

Scam1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,
I've recieved an email from O2 regarding my monthly tariff, informing me about "good changes". In the email they sent, with an increment on the amount of money I will need to pay. Adding "is less than I'm paying now". However, this is not true, so, I'm not sure if the email is a scam.
As usual, is impossible to contact anyone from customer service, no emails neither live chat. Did anyone have similar issues?

Kind regards.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Scam1 

You'll need to call O2

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen if you have to.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Scam1 

It's only a suggestion.

There's no need to respond or make any changes.

If you are out of contract, you can check your upgrade options in your MyO2 including sim only which may save you money.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Scam1
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you!. I will do that.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Scam1
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The thing is bugging me is the "notification about my tariff not being available anymore". This never happened before, at least any changes were detailed and customer service was available straight to answer any concerns...
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Scam1 

O2 are trying to persuade customers off old tariffs on to the new ones.

Your tariff not being available anymore means it's an old legacy tariff which you would not be able to change back to if you moved to a new one.

Customer service has been impossible to reach since all this Covid situation kicked off. They haven't coped very well with it at all unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7