Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed please

Sarah_92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, my mum is currently on Virgin PAYG which is finishing their service in a few weeks. I've got her a new phone and a new O2 pay monthly sim which I ordered using my own O2 account as I'll be paying the bill as she doesn't like giving banking details online. I didn't have the PAC code at the time of ordering the sim as my mum wanted to use her remaining credit due to the service she is currently on finishing and it seemed like too much hassle to go through the refund process. I now have the PAC code to transfer her number across from Virgin but I want to speak to someone to get it transferred across to make sure I don't do it wrong and affect my own pay monthly contract with O2 and I've a couple of questions too. I've spent most of the afternoon trying to contact customer services to no avail, I've rung 202 and the landline alternative from my mobile but the automated service hangs up on me each time leaving me frustrated and I've even resorted to Facebook messenger too. If I don't manage to transfer the number before 5pm then from what I've read my mum may be without a phone for the weekend. Does anyone know a number I can ring or if someone can get in contact with me? Any help appreciated

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sarah_92 

Nothing will happen over the weekend anyway and it's too late to do the port in today.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sarah_92 

Nothing will happen over the weekend anyway and it's too late to do the port in today.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2