Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustments

JakubJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why have I been charged £40 for "adjustments"? What is that charge and why did it happen? The way it looks is just a scammy thing to get more money off of customers. If it was a mistake (which I hope it is) I would like the money to return to my account. Thank you
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JakubJ 

You have to pay an excess on any insuarance claim. That's standard practice I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JakubJ  You'll have to speak to customer service. We are all customers here with no access to anyone else's account. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

Edit: Also take a look here to see if it applies to you: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Adjustments are usually things that are charged to your mobile. Look in My O2 for a complete breakdown of your bill and call customer service on 202 if you disagree with the charges.

Message 3 of 8

JakubJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been charged for replacing my phone which I have INSURED anyway. What's the point of paying extra monthly for insurance if they with extra charges AFTER you replace it without telling you. No one bothered to tell me that replacing the phone will cost me extra.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JakubJ 

You have to pay an excess on any insuarance claim. That's standard practice I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I think that the £40 excess (based on the information supplied) beats paying >£400 for a new phone...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Most insurance (for anything) carries some sort of excess charge.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 8