Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation code texts not coming through

Anon123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I'm not getting activation code text messages through for my internet banking etc, but other texts are coming through fine. I've checked the spam/junk message folder and changed the spam filter to off but still no success. O2 seem to be blocking them? Anyone had any joy getting this lifted? Can't seem to get to speak to a human being about this
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
Hi @Anon123

I have had the same issue this morning across Honest Mobile, Voda and o2 this morning, all seem to have delay issues of between 5 and never appearing.

It looks like the supplier of the sms gateway for these services is having issues.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Anon123 

A zero spend cap will block all short codes, even free ones, so if you have a zero spend cap, try increasing it to £5.00

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anon123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still having no joy. Got a £10 spend cap put on just on case. They said I had no cap originally. Managed to get someone on the O2 chat, but they are just suggesting things to do with the device such as factory reset. However, everything else seems to be pointing to a network issue.
Message 4 of 4