cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account transfer hasn't happened - can't contact disconnections

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 14 Sept I spoke to Customer Service to arrange for my account to be transferred to my son. To do this we had to set up a new account and the old number was due to be transferred on the 21st of September.

The new account is set up and we have the SIM, and it works.

The number did not transfer on the 21st.

I called Customer Service yesterday who confirmed that it should have happened but didn't. They said I needed to speak to disconnections. I have now called four times and been on hold for a total of an hour and a half.

I spoke to web chat man yesterday as well. He was very helpful and told me the number would transfer in 2 to 3 hours.

Needless to say it didn't. I spent another fruitless 20 mins with another web chat man who eventually admitted defeat and told me to phone up.

I have now been on hold for 30 minutes.

Mainly because of the impossibility of contacting O2 by phone we are now paying for two accounts and can't receive calls on the right number.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What number is listed in your myO2 account is that the correct one?

Another one try resetting the power just power it on and off. See if that helps
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
We now have two accounts, old one with the old number and new one with the new number. Old number is supposed to port to new account.

Power cycle is a good idea. I'll try that.
Message 3 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I presume by porting your number to the new account you intend to close the old one?

Have you got access details for the new accounts myO2 page?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the old account should have been closed on the 21st.

I haven't set up a myO2 account for the new number, how do you think that could that help?
Message 5 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If you set up a new myo2 account but using the account details from the old contract see which phone it lists.

seeing as the old account should have been cancelled, just wondering if the myo2 wouldn't update because its no longer of any use. If that makes sense, not sure I've explained it well.

On the 21st the iPhone launch happened you might find that because of the overwhelming strain on O2s systems your transfer may have had a error in the process.

You'd have to speak to chat or CS to ask them to redo the number transfere.

I presume power cycling had no effect?
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got through to disconnections on the phone this morning after a mere 20 minutes of hold music.

Apparently the transfer was not correctly set up on the transfer form. Corrections have been made and it should all happen later today. I'm not going to hold my breath but I have crossed my fingers. Unasked-for £10 credit applied to the new account to make amends - thanks O2 :).

Message 7 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Brilliant glad to hear it:)
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to see you got it sorted!

Message 9 of 9