Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed by fraud department

Evelayda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Saturday I called customer service to sign a new contract.  I spoke to the girl who walked me through the process.  In the last stage (acceptance of all contracts, documents, etc.) I accidentally left the website (problem with changing the location to pick up the phone) and I could not return to it.  So I called customer service again, another girl answered.  She told me that I had to go through the same process again because my order did not appear in the system.  We went through it all again four times!  however, we were unable to change the option from phone delivery to phone pick-up at the point.  The fourth time it worked, I got an order number.  At the time, this girl was doing credit checks probably every time we had to make a new order.  I then got an email and a phone call to confirm my credit check - my passport details were used as I don't have a British driving licence.  Everything went fine and my credit check was approved.  After that I was able to login to my o2 account normally.  On Monday I got an e-mail that my security question had been changed, which I had not changed myself.  I called customer service again and found out that my account had been blocked by the fraud department.  I am also very worried about my credit score, because it has been checked so many times for no reason, it will have a bad effect.. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145002 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Evelayda 

If it's now with the fraud dept it will take weeks to be resolved, unfortunately.

There's nothing that anyone can do for you, sorry. You'll just have to wait for them to finish.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145002 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Evelayda 

If it's now with the fraud dept it will take weeks to be resolved, unfortunately.

There's nothing that anyone can do for you, sorry. You'll just have to wait for them to finish.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Evelayda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. What about my credit score - does the fact that the customer service entered and changed my order four times have any effect? Could this be the reason why my account was closed?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145002 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

4 attempts would definitely catch the fraud depts attention.

I doubt your credit score would suffer that much as you still got accepted, but you can get a free check from the likes of Experion or any of the other agencies.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4