Did you mean: 

Account Name

Eden11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My daughters O2 account is registered to my Mom's name as she originally opened my daughters contract. However, the payment of the phone is through my bank. I want to upgrade my daughters phone but I don't want to open another contract in my mom's name, how can I change the name to my own?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Eden11 The contract in your mom's name would have to be canceled, and any charges left on that contract paid off. You would then have to take the contract out in your name but you would be subject to a credit check, even though you're paying the bill at the moment.

Edit: You'd have to sort the transfer of the number with customer service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Eden11 The contract in your mom's name would have to be canceled, and any charges left on that contract paid off. You would then have to take the contract out in your name but you would be subject to a credit check, even though you're paying the bill at the moment.

Edit: You'd have to sort the transfer of the number with customer service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Eden11 

It's not possible to just change the name. The account has to be started in the name required, this is so credit and identity checks can be preformed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Eden11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I plan to terminate the current contract, how do I open the new contract in my name?

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Either in store or online but we'd recommend in store as it's easier.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Eden11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thankyou for the support
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you want to keep the same number, then once the new contract is up and running you will need to call customer services with both yourself (as new contract) and your mum (as old contract) present.
She will then need to give permission for the number to be transferred to you.
If you don't want to keep the number then she will still need to close the contract down otherwise it will keep going and she will keep being billed...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8