Did you mean: 

Account Advice

Phantom1974
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good Morning

I currently have a contract with two numbers, one for myself and one for my wife.

We split up in January this year and obvioulsy we are both keen to keep our own respective numbers, and ideally both have our own accounts.

I believe that our current airtime contract expires in February 2019 (though I can't seem to check anywhere this exactly), I have tried live chat and been on hold for ages.

Does anyone know if I have to wait for my air time contract to expire or can I just split the account now?

We both will stay with O2 if required

Grateful for any advice

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Phantom1974

Your MyO2 will tell you when the contract completes its minimum term and yes, you need to wait until then unless you want to pay it off early?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Phantom1974

Your MyO2 will tell you when the contract completes its minimum term and yes, you need to wait until then unless you want to pay it off early?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Phantom1974
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the fast reply

Apologies but I am not sure where I am looking?

I see "Monthly Device Plan" but thought that was just the actual handset and not the airtime contract?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Device plan and airtime run concurrently until the device plan is paid off. Once the device is paid, you can cancel the airtime for free.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Phantom1974
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

My wifes phone has been paid off, so that means I can seperate that number from my account?

I updated my handset in March so is running until March 2020

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes but she will need to apply for her own account and when you transfer her number, the old account will close automatically.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6