Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely appalling!

Si6776
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry in advance for the rant.  Just need to sound off...

I've been with O2 since 1995 when they were BT Cellnet, but standards of service are currently appalling. No one answers the phone, no one answers the chat service, and half of the pages in my O2 account are inaccessible unless I use "another device or account". Well I haven't got another bloody device or account, and why can't I access my Device Details on MY DEVICE having signed into My Account?!

I've spent several hours now trying sort out two simple issues. To get the number of rings before calls go to Voicemail extended, and to activate WiFi Calling on my device. The codes don't work for the call forwarding and I can't access the page to set up WiFi Calling, which I want due to the terrible signal I receive at home, in a large town in the south of England with a population of about 40,000.

I left a chat message three hours ago and they still haven't responded, and I waited 24 minutes for my call to be answered and gave up. The signal is so bad even the robot who answers the 202 number couldn't understand me.

I realise this perhaps isn't the right place to post this, but after pulling my hair out and almost losing the will to live, I think I have made the decision to leave O2 after 27 years, as their customer service is an absolute joke.

That said, if anyone can advise on getting WiFi Calling activated, and extending the number of rings before calls go to Voicemail, I'd be very appreciative.  In fact, if anyone could advise on how to actually make contact with someone at O2, I'd be even more appreciative.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@Si6776 

Guides here 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Using your PAC will cancel your O2 contract automatically.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Si6776 Here you go: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901. - O2 Community

Have you asked customer service to enable WiFi calling on your account? 

You also have to enable it in your MyO2 and it needs to be enabled in your phone's settings.

Bambino_0-1662583098973.png

Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

Wifi and 4G Calling | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@Si6776 

Extending the ringtime here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/ba-p/1175217 

You may need to use 3g if using a Samsung phone.

You will still need O2 to enable wifi calling on your account.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

After they have done so, you need to turn it on in your MyO2, so get them to fix your access at the same time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 21

Si6776
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I've been trying to contact CS since 4pm, but they don't answer the phone or the chat service.  

With regards the Call Forwarding, I have the code so I'll try the 3G method but probably won't be able to get a signal.

Message 4 of 21

Si6776
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I'll try via FB.  It really shouldn't be this much hassle though.  

Message 5 of 21

Si6776
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, I've given up.  They don't answer the phone, they don't answer the chat and they won't even respond to Facebook DMs.  I'm out of contract so do I need to do anything to officially cancel my account, or can I just get a PAC code and that's that?  I've already signed up with Sky Mobile for the same deal as with O2, but for half the price.  Just waiting for the SIM then I'll be off.  

Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@Si6776 

Guides here 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Using your PAC will cancel your O2 contract automatically.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122985 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Deleted by me!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

Si6776
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.  I feel slightly bereft leaving after 27 years, but I can't put up with this.  

Just one last question, will using my PAC automatically transfer my number to the new network?

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144444 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

Yes it will @Si6776 

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21