cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT HOLDER TRANSFER ISSUE. PAYING TWO CONTRACTS WHEN HAVE ALREADY TRIED TO CHANGE

TomGiles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We have a serious issue with o2 & no one  in the customer service team don’t seem to want to deal with.

My Mum took out a pay monthly contract for me years ago. We called o2 and asked to change the account holder to myself. He said he couldn’t do that and what we needed to do was to take out a new contract and then transfer the account holder/number to my new account as it was important I kept the same number for work reasons. I took out the new contract and have attempted to call o2 to transfer the account. Sounds so easy? How wrong was I.

At first we were told we had to do it together. No problem we tried again later that week and then the problems occurred. we were continuously passed from person to person. Department to department because no one wanted to deal with the simple issue. As you could appreciate, this was very time consuming with work & time. On some occasions the phone would just cut off and we’d have to start the whole process again. A couple of months in after having to pay two contracts as I was threatened by o2 that my number would be blocked, we finally got through to someone who wanted to help. They was new into the role but went through the process with us both to fill out the transfer account form. This was done back in September. We was told we would have this confirmed via email which never was received. The following month came and the same threatening calls was received by the automative line from o2 saying pay now unless the number will be blocked. We then decided to go to the local o2 shop as we have had no joy on the phone. They said they couldn’t help as was only sales. We have tried numerous times again since to no avail & im stuck in a postion of paying for two contracts for the same phone.

the only person that wanted to help was the new member of staff but unfortunately it didn’t work. Can someone please help us with this situation as I’ve paid nearly £300 over what I should be paying. I’m already paying over £50 a month for the new contract. 

I cannot be more dissatisfied & disappointed with what has happened as we’ve been messed about from start to finish with something which should be so simple.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10123 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@TomGiles 

Let me tag the gurus who might who should be able to help, look out for a private message from them in the top right hand corner.

@O2Ryan @O2Emma  

Can you assist here??

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh I will pick this up thanks 

signature
Message 3 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @TomGiles I can look into this for you I will send you a private message thanks

signature
Message 4 of 5

TomGiles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ECD79089-182E-4047-A48A-898A9EF11093.png

 still stuck in the same position. Will have to take this further elsewhere

Message 5 of 5