cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A sim I don't even use

Anonymous
Not applicable
About a year ago I had an iPhone 5 with the company three! It was only a week old I got it water damaged! And at the time I didn't take insurance out on the product so to save me paying one big bulk of money I couldn't afford, I ordered a new iphone 5 and got an O2 sim! The problem is I put in my three sim because I preferred that contract and the guy at the shop said I could do it anyway! I pay the monthly bill but the problem is I can not access the account and see how long I have left on this contract because I never used the O2 sim and I don't even know where the sim is so I don't know the number to the SIM card, and to access the account in need the sim number! So how do I go about being able to find out information about the account? Also I will be changing from three when that contract runs out because they just have rubbish customer service !
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iPhones purchased from CPW are in a semi unlocked state.

They lock out to the first sim inserted.

So if your moving from 3 you'll need to get then to unlock it.

Try another network SIM card in it to see if it accepts it or not is the ultimate test.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Ring O2 Cs on 202 from an O2 powered phone or From a landline 0344 8090202 Standard UK Rate Or use live chat.

Edit to add link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you do leave 3 then ask for your PAC code if you want to keep that mobile number and give that code to O2 or start using your O2 one when your ready.

PAC info

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you check your bank statements back to when the first payment was made to O2 you can add on 2 years from that point.
Also, you should have received an email at the time with all your account details on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one I have checked my statement and I know when they first started taking payment, but when this contract finishes would I be able to cancel this contract without having the number of the sim? Would my personal details be enough?
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Deleted by me. (Others had responded)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Could I just ask from our experts how the 3 sim would have worked in an O2 contract phone?

(As I thought the phone would have been locked to O2)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The phone was brought from care phone warehouse where their phones are unlocked
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Carphone *
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you the only reason I posted on here was to find out if there was any other way of doing this without ringing them because I have recently moved and not had chance to set up a landline number, because everything I tried asked for the mobile number! But thank you for your help!
Message 10 of 15