cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about upgrading Pay & Go phone through Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Last year, I upgraded my Pay and Go phone through Carphone Warehouse for the first time.

Now, I want to upgrade again soon. It's been almost a year since I upgraded (12 days until a year has passed), but I don't know if I'm allowed to upgrade once a year. It's not in the FAQ, as far as I could find.

So my question is, when the year is up, will I be able to upgrade through Carphone Warehouse again?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

I would think you are eligible for that but to be honest as it is via CPW then only they can answer that. Give them a call or pop in to the store.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

That would depend on the terms of your contract. If it was a 12 month contract then yes, you can upgrade. If it was an 18 or 24 month contract then I would think you would have to pay off the remainder of the contract to upgrade now. Give CPW a call tomorrow and ask about your options.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't a contract; I bought the phone from them outright - but they have some kind of set up where you don't pay the extra £10 for credit.

This is the page for it: http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/LG_L3_II/PPAYUPG?viewDealForAll=false&colourC... - They call it an upgrade - is that not the proper name for what they're offering?

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

I would think you are eligible for that but to be honest as it is via CPW then only they can answer that. Give them a call or pop in to the store.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooh, it's all very confusing! Thanks for your help! slight_smile

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the prices of the other phones on this offer, I'm not sure what this "Upgrade" is. If anything its just a marketing ploy to try and make customers go back to them for their "upgrade" :S As far as I'm aware you're not activating a new SIM so you wouldnt be required to pay that extra £10 anyway, but I could be wrong.

You're not on a contract so you don't "upgrade" as such...you just buy a new phone! You could basically go to an O2 shop and pick a phone and get the same offer. 

Message 7 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you're on Pay and Go you can change to a new phone any time you like.

You can also buy it wherever you choose.

Come back here and ask if you're not sure.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

To be honest the phone doesn't have great reviews, there are probably better choices out there dependent on your budget.

Message 9 of 9