Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at upgrade time and want to go for the following 12 month contract option:

Monthlycost Phonecost Minutes Texts Data Extras  
£69.00£99.99Unlimited minutesUnlimited texts750MB data

6 months early

Under this contract can someone clarify:

- This means in 6 months time I can upgrade my phone again

- there are no restrictions on what contract or phone I choose under this early upgrade option

I ask because my current phone is pretty much knackered. I want to switch back to iphone but reckon within the next six months the iphone 6 will be released. The above would give me the option of having a working iphone 5 for six months, at which point i would probably then O2 recycle, early upgrade and choose a longer 18/24 month contract.

Anyone know????

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just done some maths and o2 will lose out on the deal if you upgrade after 6 monts based on Payg iphone 5 16gb price o2 lose £36 plus you have all the calls sms and data usage for free plus you can then as you say use o2 recycle and get a good deal back.

And as Daimen has just pointed out no restriction on what you upgrade to based on tariffs and handsets available at the time expect iphone 6 only on 24 months at launch. But It may be available on o2 refresh.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes it means you can upgrade in 6 months time, but there will be a list of phones to choose from for that tariff. I don't think it's any phone you like......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I guess that is just a special upgrade offer as it is not available on 12 months on the normal website but when I hover over the link it states iphone 5 etc.

If that deal suits you and you can afford it then yes it will do what you want. Then you could look at the new o2 refresh options on a 24 month contract.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have said after 6 months you could change to whatever phone/contract that you like the same as any normal contract
Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just done some maths and o2 will lose out on the deal if you upgrade after 6 monts based on Payg iphone 5 16gb price o2 lose £36 plus you have all the calls sms and data usage for free plus you can then as you say use o2 recycle and get a good deal back.

And as Daimen has just pointed out no restriction on what you upgrade to based on tariffs and handsets available at the time expect iphone 6 only on 24 months at launch. But It may be available on o2 refresh.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds good to me if you can afford the monthly payments
Message 6 of 6