Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Speed 1200mbps

rky_com
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have used O2, I’m on unlimited data plan and my postcode covers 5G network and thus I have taken the contact.

When I do speed test then I get around 30mbps speed which I expect on 3G not on 5G with O2

I have another sim card from (Th***) network wherein on same device and same location I get 1200mbps speed in rare scenarios it goes down upto 900mbps which is also awesome on 5G

When I visited o2 website and made network complaint by filling form i always received sms saying in your area network is good and nothing as maintenance is going on and they close the ticket.

Is there anyone in O2 who can take the issue seriously that 30mbps vs 1200mbps is a big difference and if I’m getting 3 signal bars o2 can improve the network to make it 5 signal bars please.

I am new to O2 so any advise will be appreciated and if you can advise can I contact Ofcom for this issue if O2 is ignoring me?

Software Engineer

New O2 Customer since Dec 2022
Using - iPhone 14 Pro | Apple Watch | Pay Monthly O2 Sim
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144911 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27776 Solutions

@rky_com 

There's no speed guarantee and your speeds are better than many others get.

It's all down to available bandwidth and number of users in the area.

OFCOM will do nothing and neither will O2 as the speed you are getting will be considered to be acceptable.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144911 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27776 Solutions

@rky_com 

There's no speed guarantee and your speeds are better than many others get.

It's all down to available bandwidth and number of users in the area.

OFCOM will do nothing and neither will O2 as the speed you are getting will be considered to be acceptable.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

rky_com
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So with 30mbps speed my usage is 4GB per month as speed is very poor, I’m paying approx 30£ for unlimited data and unable to use much

while when I was using that another network sim with 1.2gbps speed my monthly use was 350GB data and I was paying 16£ for unlimited data

Software Engineer

Message 3 of 7

rky_com
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ll change my tariff to any low rental if they can’t offer good speed, I can ask them to allot few GB data

Software Engineer

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@rky_com If you're unhappy with the service you have 14 days to change your mind: Returning your device | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm not sure why you can only use 4GB per month

The speeds you are getting are perfectly adequate to stream as much as you could wish to.

I'm getting less than  half, around 12Mbps which granted, I'm not in a 5G area but it's sufficient for my needs

Message 6 of 7

rky_com
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are in modern age of technology where AI is taking place, if I have to use 25mbps of data speed as 3G being in London I don’t think this is great and thus I don’t use the data with this sim as time is very important. If I’ll use 100 website in 100 minutes with 3G I can use 100 websites in just 20 minutes as an example. This data is so much slow, I can’t even think of to use on my laptop.

Thats why I said, at outdoor next postcode area I get 100mbps so if they really don’t make excuses and improve the network at my post code it would really be great

Software Engineer

Message 7 of 7