cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G trial rip off

Anonymous
Not applicable

So yesterday I got a text from O2 saying that they were giving me a free trial of 4G for a day (today)

in the last 2.5 hours I have used 73mb of my data allowence doing nothing in perticular, minimal browsing to trial the speed (which wasnt very fast) 

how is this 'free' when it has just eaten up nearly 10% of my data allownece in 2 hours? 

Also, why wasnt this optional? I owudl have opted out as have no current need for 4G and was worred abotu the data usage amount (warranted it seems!)

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
They've given you free access to the 4g data network but yes this usage would come out of your allowance the same way as 3G etc does.

Speak to O2 on 202 and they may renin state the used allowance.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
They've given you free access to the 4g data network but yes this usage would come out of your allowance the same way as 3G etc does.

Speak to O2 on 202 and they may renin state the used allowance.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah will call them again in a moment, their lines were busy when i last tried.

The thing is, I didnt ask for it, I didnt want it, and I havent really used data that much today (browsing FB and Twitter a bit) but it is a good gauge for how quickly I woudl run out of data if I went to 4G! 

my BB z10 already eats data faster than anything known, so to speed that up is not what I wanted! 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
4g doesn't actually use any more data it's just faster so it shouldn't have effected you like that
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
4g doesn't actually use any more data it's just faster so it shouldn't have effected you like that

4G can use more data.

Your handset determines what quality of experiance to give you based on the data connection you have, so if you have a fast speed then you'll find you're given higher res photos, higher quality music and hi def video.

Also, user habits change, you can view things faster so you browse for longer.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for that wanty as the op said he was doing minimal browsing I assumed he wasn't watching videos etc but good to know thanks:)
Message 6 of 6