Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G coverage non existent?

Voodooqueen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been with O2 for a long time and luckily I have access to Wi-Fi often as the network coverage seems to be very slow. I’ve only ever noticed a 3G signal, sometimes dropping to E, yet I could be indoors, outdoors, various city centres. Surely this isn’t right? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Voodooqueen 

Have you had a look at https://status.o2.co.uk to see if there are any local issues? 

It might also be worth using the o2 my network App and reporting issues using that as well
Also have a look at these 2 guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Voodooqueen 

Have you had a look at https://status.o2.co.uk to see if there are any local issues? 

It might also be worth using the o2 my network App and reporting issues using that as well
Also have a look at these 2 guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

kkovots
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I first noticed the issue in city centre approximately 2 months ago. I went for a walk to Market Street, Manchester city centre. I could not connect to the internet at all although my phone showed 5G. What 5G when you can't get even 0.5 Mbit??I go with my wife to EE store as she is a customer. She tried to negotiate new contract with better terms and she mentioned I had better deal at O2. Then the shop assistant asked me to do a network speed test.Her network pure 5G had a download speed of approximately 150 Mbps and mine could not even connect!I even went outside the store and felt embarassed as still no connection!I thought the 5G would make things much better but the O2 signal for data at busy areas is just too slow at best to non existent!It is a shame that they have been for almost 2 decades on the market and they keep telling us they invest continuously on their network...Really??How??Now after 5.5 years as a customer I just want my contract to expire and to go to EE or maybe choose GiffGaff 

Message 3 of 3