Did you mean: 

4G Not Working

JOAKES
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all

I've been with O2 for quite about 14 years and usually things have been fine. I've upgraded to a huawei p20 pro and have the dual sim option. My O2 account only ever connects to 3G whereas my 3 account always connects to 4G. 

If ensured the APN settings are correct and all settings are on, on the phone. Is there any reason why my O2 account doesn't have the 4G bolt on? It never used to be an issue, but the 3G connections in the areas are getting worse and worse.

Kind Regards

Jonathan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@JOAKES 

Try swapping Sims around. 

In my OP there is also an option to enable 4g on both Sims. Check your settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

JOAKES
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI MI5

Thanks for the feedback. I tried both of the solutions but neither worked. The 3 sim card gets 4G in either slot which shows the slots are fine and the settings are ok. Also checked the toggles just incase. 

Are there restrictions on legacy contracts?

Regards

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@JOAKES 

Sounds like you don't have a 4g SIM card or yours is faulty.

I'd start with a new SIM anyway Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4