cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 months, 8 phone calls and still no money for the recycled phone I sent to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appalling...in April 2014 I sent my iPhone 4s back to O2 to recycle, I received an email on the 2nd of May to say I had been awarded £115.50, this would be taken from my bill. Despite me calling 8 times (and having countless conversations on the online chat with O2 staff) and each time being told it would be paid within 3-5 days and the final time being told it would be paid direct to my bank account by 5pm last Tuesday...alas still no money. It's really disappointing that a company would treat a loyal customer this way. Each time they are full of apologies but never actually do what they say they are going to do. I am telling everyone who is looking to get rid of old phones not to use O2 as my experience has been awful. I would appreciate it if O2 could sort this out ASAP but I won't hold my breath. It's been a complete waste of my time calling them and chatting online and the whole process has been massively inconvenient.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144451 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Fully sympathise but as a customer forum we can only advise unfortunately....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Lucypea and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry we meet you in these circumstances.

Perhaps if You ring customer services back on 202, and ask to speak to a manager they may be able to resolve this in real time ,instead of having to wait for an online complaint to be responded to.

Let us know how You get on.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoken to 4 different managers and still no resolve. I haven't had time to write a formal complaint yet. To be honest each day I hope it's in the bank so I don't have to as I don't have the time. I will write one at the weekend if I don't hear anything before.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144451 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
It does sound like the official complaint route would be your best bet, tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That's definitely the way to go now. You've got nowhere up to now and I can understand the frustration and anger.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for your advice, I will let you know.
Message 8 of 8