cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3g, 4g queston

Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand o2 will be getting 4g whithin the near feauture, ive also heard that o2 will be getting a faster 3g service does anyone know about this and can explain it for me please also will the faster 3g be better than the 4g when it comes also what phone would i need for the faster 3g service? thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

user named MI5 maybe better at answering this for you.

I'll try wink Enhanced 3G will be available to everyone with a phone capable of receiving 3G ie, all smartphones and most of the other phones on the market. This will be capable of download speeds in excess of those currently offered by EE's 4G network. 4G is still in it's infancy and is not widely available. The spectrum used by EE is also not going to give very good indoor 4G coverage. When the 4G auctions run next year, O2 and the other networks will be able to utilise the part of the spectrum which "should" give better coverage both indoors and outdoors and will be compatible with other European countries. This is when you will see a rush of new phones with 4G capability. Hope this helps....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll try wink Enhanced 3G will be available to everyone with a phone capable of receiving 3G ie, all smartphones and most of the other phones on the market. This will be capable of download speeds in excess of those currently offered by EE's 4G network. 4G is still in it's infancy and is not widely available. The spectrum used by EE is also not going to give very good indoor 4G coverage. When the 4G auctions run next year, O2 and the other networks will be able to utilise the part of the spectrum which "should" give better coverage both indoors and outdoors and will be compatible with other European countries. This is when you will see a rush of new phones with 4G capability. Hope this helps....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome as always MI5

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
You'll make me blush wink

Darren did a great guide and explanation of all the technical aspects here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/What-is-2G-3G-and-4G/m-p/286204#U286204

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- you love it MI5................!!!  wink

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@GrahamF wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- you love it MI5................!!!  wink

Have you seen your name tag I made for you in the Apple thread?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 8