cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£20 for 20gb what’s the catch?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Signed up today for £20 for 20gb pm/12months , which includes free minutes and texts, billing came through this evening @£33 per month.....unable to get an answer as to why....Can anyone shed any light. Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23173 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You're welcome @Anonymous. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful. A store visit should hopefully sort it out, and they should be able to explain your bill and charges. Please come back and let us know how you got on. It's always a help for anyone else who might encounter the same problem. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Bambino
  • 23173 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous If it's your first bill, they're normally slightly higher, but £13 more sounds a lot. Call Customer Service for an explanation. No one here has access to anyone's account. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bambino, I tried but the team couldn’t see why. Old fashioned visit to a store tomorrow. Appreciate the quick reply!

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie, checked only a free international call option showing....appreciate the advice 👍

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Your bill will always show the full tariff but any discounts will show as a bolt on in your myo2 

Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Bambino
  • 23173 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You're welcome @Anonymous. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful. A store visit should hopefully sort it out, and they should be able to explain your bill and charges. Please come back and let us know how you got on. It's always a help for anyone else who might encounter the same problem. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks lovemyphone, I can only guess the deal only being signed this morning the billing info needs updating. Appreciate the insight, being new to o2 was not familiar on how the info was viewed. 👍

Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Was this a discounted offer? 

https://tinyurl.com/yarcrjsc

It sounds as if it could be @jonsie. My bill always shows full price but the discounted bolt on is applied at the time the bill is generated. So you only pay the discounted amount. As others have said this could be slightly higher as it is a first bill on this new tariff..https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19