cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Month Simplicity Query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right before I contact CS and get various answers on different days! I thought I'd ask here first.

So.....I'm currently on a 12 month Simplicity which expires Feb 2010, at the end of this time does my allowance revert to the normal £20 Simplicity (600 mins / 1200 texts) or do I keep my extra minutes / texts as a bit of a bonus for staying on after contract end?

Let the guessing begin...................................
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
at the end of your contract, it stays the same as always, just on a rolling monthly contract ......
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
_

18 kaye

Do you know that for a fact? Or are you just predicting this is what will happen?

It's a reasonable question, and an intersting point. If I had to guess, I could make a case for the exact opposite. The difference is that normally, when your contract runs out, and you continue to pay the same money, you get the same entitlements. But here the entitlements are not given because of the money you pay, but only because you sign up for 12 months. With no 12 month contract they wouldn't be bound to give you the extra stuff. You'd be effectively on the monthly terms, but with no contract.

Of course, O2 may well continue the previous entitlements, as a goodwill gesture, or invite you to sign up for an additional 12 month contract, who knows?

I'm really interested to hear what O2 have to say about it. They don't seem to be working much on the basis of goodwil these days.

_
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
_
18 kaye
Do you know that for a fact? Or are you just predicting this is what will happen?
It's a reasonable question, and an intersting point. If I had to guess, I could make a case for the exact opposite. The difference is that normally, when your contract runs out, and you continue to pay the same money, you get the same entitlements. But here the entitlements are not given because of the money you pay, but only because you sign up for 12 months. With no 12 month contract they wouldn't be bound to give you the extra stuff. You'd be effectively on the monthly terms, but with no contract.
Of course, O2 may well continue the previous entitlements, as a goodwill gesture, or invite you to sign up for an additional 12 month contract, who knows?
I'm really interested to hear what O2 have to say about it. They don't seem to be working much on the basis of goodwil these days.
_

I think if you don't do anything with your contract after your contract expires, you will still get the same entitlement. What is important is to give a ring to O2. Ask them to confirm and then send you a confirmation code and you will be sorted. That is the safest thing to do, don't you think so?
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
petes got the right idea, get confirmation from the horses mouth..............

btw I'm 101% certain that your sim only tariff cannot be altered negatively after 12 months.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
..at the end of this time does my allowance revert to the normal £20 Simplicity (600 mins / 1200 texts) or do I keep my extra minutes / texts as a bit of a bonus for staying on after contract end?

All minimum term contracts work the same way AFAIK.

You signed up for a minimum term of 12 months, as 18 Kaye said in the first reply in this thread, the terms of your contract just continue on a monthly rolling basis (you can give 30 days notice to cancel).

SV
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The tariff cannot be changed without the customers request (baring any changes to tariffs under T&Cs) so it would stay with the same allowance and no commitment.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Everyone

Let's hope I get to keep my 'extras', I'll fire off an email to CS for some clarification in writing and if anything unusual crops up I'll report back.

TTFN

S
Message 8 of 8