cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£10 gone to tariff after activation

Anonymous
Not applicable

I activated my sim and I only want the £20 credit that I topped up. However £10 has gone to a tariff that I didnt ask for. How to I get my £10 back?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The PAYG tariffs automatically take payment for allowances.
This is not something that can be refunded and O2 no longer appear to do a straight PAYG tariff anymore.
You might wish to look at Tesco or giffgaff which both run on O2 network for a proper (old fashioned) PAYG tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Payg Big Bundle and Big Talker have anniversary dates that renew the allowances and take the appropriate amount of credit.

You will need to speak to customer services on 4445 or use live chat as only they can re instate credit.

Ask them to change your tariff if required too.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The PAYG tariffs automatically take payment for allowances.
This is not something that can be refunded and O2 no longer appear to do a straight PAYG tariff anymore.
You might wish to look at Tesco or giffgaff which both run on O2 network for a proper (old fashioned) PAYG tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am posting here to avoid creating another topic. My problem is very similar I've been running a big bundle tarrif for a couple of months (top up required every 30days) Anyway I run out of data first time ever since I've set up the tarrif. Topped straight away via mobile and from the moment top up went through I was charged for everything. They didnt take £10 for bundle, so no free texts, no calls, nothing. Again I am out of credit. Not very happy about it. Anyone had similar problem? If I was 100% sure when I top up again I get my bundle back I'd do that but I dont wanna top up £10 every couple of days.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Your allowances are only refreshed on your anniversary date.

You can add extra data via a bolt on and you can add extra minutes too via a bolt on.

You can choose these bolt ons via 4444 or via myo2 or via the relevant contact options in http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Bolt on info link -> https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons
Message 5 of 5