cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

087 & 0844

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi , I just want to know if make a calls to 0870. 0871. 0844, 0845, 07744 will i be charged ? if i am so which number are free to use my allownce? thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Numbers included in allowance generally start with 01, 02, 03 and 07 (except 070). Look at the table on the site for a more complete explanation.
International calling cards are not supported even if they do start with those numbers as allowance calls are uk only.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know you will be charged for the 087 and 0844 number ranges as these are considered to be Premium Numbers, I also know you will be charged for 070 numbers as these are clearly excluded (In brackets)from your allowance.
As for 0845 numbers and as long as you call within your time allowance and take no longer than 60mins per call your good to go for free, after the 60th minute you need to hang up and call again or you will be charged at standard rates for 0845 numbers.
Hope this helps tongue
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you trying to sabotage someones bill? grin
If you dial *any* prefix other than 01, 02, 03 or 07 you are most likely going to get charged from a mobile. I say most likely because some numbers, such as DSS lines are free, but they will always tell you when you start the call if they are.
The standard charge to any 08 prefix is 20p per minute except 0871 which is 35p. ALL of them. There used to be a get out for 0800 where if you dropped the first 0 and just dialled 800 it was free. This does not work, at least on o2 it doesnt.
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87372 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5309 Solutions
Comprehensive list here.
Alternately find a regional number here
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 5 of 11

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3182 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
I know you will be charged for the 087 and 0844 number ranges as these are considered to be Premium Numbers, I also know you will be charged for 070 numbers as these are clearly excluded (In brackets)from your allowance.
As for 0845 numbers and as long as you call within your time allowance and take no longer than 60mins per call your good to go for free, after the 60th minute you need to hang up and call again or you will be charged at standard rates for 0845 numbers.
Hope this helps tongue

Which would probably be correct if it was landline but not from a mobile!
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Completely agree with the above, I was referring to O2 landline costs.
Thanks for the correction.. :womanindifferent: wink
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
International calling cards are not supported even if they do start with those numbers as allowance calls are uk only.

Really? I use an international calling service with an 020 access number, and the call to the 020 number comes out of my free minutes. I also use the same service to dial UK 08* numbers - the international calling service charges 2-8p per minute, far cheaper than O2 wink
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Youre alright giving the wink. You obviously dont know that these Access numbers are classed as network fraud and only work until o2 find out about them. youll know the game is up when you suddenly find yourself charged for them. O2 are then in their rights to go back through your bills and charge you for every time you dialled that number, though they rarely actually do this, the point is they can. So while its great while it works for you, when you do, one day, see charges for these numbers on your bill my advice would be to just accept it and not to call in giving the cs person a hard time, if you see what i mean grin
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Youre alright giving the wink. You obviously dont know that these Access numbers are classed as network fraud and only work until o2 find out about them. youll know the game is up when you suddenly find yourself charged for them. O2 are then in their rights to go back through your bills and charge you for every time you dialled that number, though they rarely actually do this, the point is they can. So while its great while it works for you, when you do, one day, see charges for these numbers on your bill my advice would be to just accept it and not to call in giving the cs person a hard time, if you see what i mean grin

I already pay for half of the calls to that number anyway wink I often use it when I'm overseas and need to call another foreign country. Far cheaper to pay the 25p / 90p call to the UK than the 91p / 179p out of zone charge.
Also... it's the only way to call UK 0800 / 03 numbers from some countries. O2 phones can't always connect to these numbers when roaming. Tried reporting it to O2, but it fell into the "It's roaming, not our responsibility, must be the roaming network's fault, we don't care" black box of customer service.
So what about dialling in to a conference call? Would O2 consider that to be a 'potential international call' too?
Message 10 of 11