cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 mast down

Anonymous
Not applicable

So here we are, on the Royal Manor and Island of Portland where everyone gawked at us for the entirety of the Olympic Year - and we have the crappest coverage ever!!!

All of us are either on Orange or 02 as nothing else connects. Even that is intermittent as quite often we get put on a French signal (due to being in the sea we are told, but its only a couple of miles, and you can drive over) and we get charged for it!!! The fact that I can get to France in 3 seconds (one call in England the very next and I appear to be in France) is believable to the company. grrr

Today is the second day of nil coverage, phone is pointless without a signal. 

It says on the 02 site that our mast is down - we kinda guessed - but there is nothing to say if they are working on it and when it is hoped to be up and running again.

Live results for DT5 ***

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 07:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet. 

Question 1 - Why do 02 say they are fab when we get yuck?

Question 2 - When will you pull your finger out and give us what you promise?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

WE are all customers here it is a customer to customer self help forum.

But o2 never divulge when a mast will be fixed. But as the know about it it will be being worked on

O2 are as far as I know the only provider to give us a live status page.

To stop the french issue put your mobile into manual network selection and when you can get o2 select that that will prevent the french charges happening once and for all (Share that tip in your local press)

It will also not help that there are only 2 o2 masts on the island one near southwell and the other at the chisel end I guess it is the southwell mast.

When you get service back ring o2 202 pay monthly 4445 payg to see if they will compensate you as a gesture of good will.

Things will drasticly improve by end 2015 on 2g 3g and 4g.

Have you tried the trick to turn off 3g so it connects to the old 2g network (this signal travels further and you may get some useable signal until the mast is fixed).

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

WE are all customers here it is a customer to customer self help forum.

But o2 never divulge when a mast will be fixed. But as the know about it it will be being worked on

O2 are as far as I know the only provider to give us a live status page.

To stop the french issue put your mobile into manual network selection and when you can get o2 select that that will prevent the french charges happening once and for all (Share that tip in your local press)

It will also not help that there are only 2 o2 masts on the island one near southwell and the other at the chisel end I guess it is the southwell mast.

When you get service back ring o2 202 pay monthly 4445 payg to see if they will compensate you as a gesture of good will.

Things will drasticly improve by end 2015 on 2g 3g and 4g.

Have you tried the trick to turn off 3g so it connects to the old 2g network (this signal travels further and you may get some useable signal until the mast is fixed).

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you're not careful we will uncouple you from the mainland and float you across to France. wink

I hope they can improve your mobile signal before too long.

Thousands of people have these problems though you are not alone.

As Adam says once it shows on the status page you know they are working on the fault.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3