cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 - included browsing with contracts? How much?

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK I am getting charged stupidly for just looking at a few news feeds and maybe look up football results once a day, so I was looking at the different tariffs O2 do - and exactly where does it say what the allowance for browsing is?? Sure you can see included minutes and texts, but to get on the internet - how much is 'free'? (And no, don't want or care about an iPhone! They have free unlimited browsing - what about other phones, absolutely all of which go on the internet now!)

I'm on an old tariff which has 1Mb a month (!!!) Surely the new tariffs have more than that??

ta

(ps. and where is the Sony W995?? It's been out 2 months and still no sign direct from O2, but available everywhere else, on O2, on cheaper tariffs!)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No the new tariffs have no free web allowance.

This is because they all have Web Daily, which means the most you will be charged per day for web access is 98p.

That said, if you use the web every day, then it'll cost nearly £30 a month, which is why most people who use the net go for the unlimited web bolt-on.

SV
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously? No free allowance??
Adding £1 a day is pretty unlikely for anyone, surely?? And as 02 are the only providers of the iPhone I'm assuming they know people want to go on the internet!
That is pretty poor then - not about to pay £30 a month extra just to read the news!
😞
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't bother looking at any SE phone at the moment they are having serious reliability problems with them, to the stage that when my gf sent her c905 off for repair and they scratched it, the authourized SE repair company offered a load of phones to replace it except ANY SE phones and told her thay they wern't worth the trouble!!

O2 don't give a #### about any one unless they are buying a i phone. For example i was due an upgrade and wanted a nokia n86 and they want me to pay 97 quid for it! Last year not long after the n82 came out i got it free, and that cost the same as the n86 on the nokia web site.

Just look at the o2 web site there's hardly any decent phones on it, shows that o2 are scared to stock anything that my be a threat to either the i phone or palm pre
Message 4 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You could always look at the Simplicity Sim, with a choice of free bolt-on with £19.58 tariff or above.

No phone with that though, so I bought mine for cash and no tie-in to a long contract.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The £30 a month is only if you don't add the bolt on but use the internet every day. Cost is capped at £1 per day if you use it. If you use less you pay less. If you use nothing on any given day you pay nothing for that day. If you use it more than a few times a month then the £7.50 per month web bolt on is available.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
err believe it or not i didn't swear just used the word which is the same as what beavers make wit a n at the end! It looks like i used the f word but i didn't!
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The £30 a month is only if you don't add the bolt on but use the internet every day. Cost is capped at £1 per day if you use it. If you use less you pay less. If you use nothing on any given day you pay nothing for that day. If you use it more than a few times a month then the £7.50 per month web bolt on is available.

The £7.50 bolt on is all you need if you just want to browse the web from your handset. It's got a 200MB allowance which I'd be amazed if you went over using mobile browsing. If you're having problems with it, try using software like Opera Mini, which uses a proxy server to compresses the images, therefore reducing your data use significantly.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The £7.50 bolt on is all you need if you just want to browse the web from your handset. It's got a 200MB allowance which I'd be amazed if you went over using mobile browsing...

It is actually unlimited, markle (within fair use). 200MB was an old PAYG web limit.

SV
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The £7.50 bolt on is all you need if you just want to browse the web from your handset. It's got a 200MB allowance which I'd be amazed if you went over using mobile browsing...

It is actually unlimited, markle (within fair use). 200MB was an old PAYG web limit.
SV

I thought O2 defined "fair use" as 200MB? At least that was what I was told yonks ago when I asked the question (after I got a warning letter with a real signature from the 'Head of Network Risk Management' or something similar... )
Message 10 of 11