cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 have lost my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I sent my phone for repair via my local O2 outlet on Tuesday 17th Sept and was told it should be returned by 4 days, after several phone calls etc I have been told today that my phone seems to have been lost and an investigation into this has been opened. I am a pay monthly customer and needed a replacement and was told I needed to pay a £25 deposit for a very basic handset unsuitable to my needs. Is there anything I can do about this as borrowing phones from friends I feel is unacceptable under these circumstances?

Thanks Tracey.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not on asking you to pay for a deposit to use a loan phone.

Speak to the manager of the store.

If you get no joy then esculate further up the chain by way of the online complaint form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It isn't so much paying the deposit (which is fully refundable) although it is poor form, the problem is the handset they offer is not acceptable and has left me without a phone for nearly 2 weeks. I have already filed a complaint over the whole sorry affair but it doesn't help me in the short term as I need a decent phone for my work.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I meant is, the deposit for a loan handset is to put you on while your phone is being repaired.

This is no longer the case.

Your phone has been lost and now needs replacing.

I'm not sure how more clear cut it could be to o2.

Unfortunately in these types of cases its the 'hot potato' scenario.

ie : Which department is going to take responsibility for this and authorise a replacement.

Message 4 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't think the day will come when they'll loan out a choice of a £500 smartphone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

I don't think the day will come when they'll loan out a choice of a £500 smartphone.

Totally agree Perksie.

Unless one left a deposit of £300 !

Issue here is the phone has been lost and there offering a dumb down phone while they investigate.

Its lost and they have confirmed this which one would assume after an investigation has already taken place.

Now they want to basically carry out another investigation.

The reasonable avenue is to replace the customers handset.

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It should definitely be replaced after 11 days. I don't see how O2 have any other option and someone in management needs to sanction this now.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ain't asking for the latest phone on the market but I would expect something better than the Motorola DynaTAC.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It should definitely be replaced after 11 days. I don't see how O2 have any other option and someone in management needs to sanction this now.

Batten down the hatches and protect ones backroom stock not wanting to write the cost of the handset off.

Persoanlly i'd be wanting a new handset and some form of reduction for that months tariff cost.

The OP should be entitled to a like for like replacement or one of similar cost and spec.

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Undoubtably and that is what I expect will happen but I would be phoning every couple of hours until a replacement is on it's way.

Message 10 of 12