Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 direct debit email

Baldrico
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received an email today saying there was a problem taking payment and direct debit cancelled and to set up a new direct debit in my02. I had an email in December saying 02 were cancelling direct debit (something to do with airtime etc) and starting a new one and I didn’t need to do anything. Anyone know what’s going on?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144865 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Baldrico 

There are changes being made when customers are transferred to the new billing system.

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202, 0344 809 0202, or specific payment management number 0800 902 0217 / 0800 032 5302
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Lynn23
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the same one this morning but there wouldn't be an issue in my bank taking it out so not sure why I would have received this. 

Message 3 of 9

TraceyL
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the same. Been holding on customer service number for 30 mins, still no reply. 

Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36392 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@TraceyL wrote:

I've had the same. Been holding on customer service number for 30 mins, still no reply. 

Try the O2 Social Media Team on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter/X, @TraceyL - link just below has the ways, and hound them every so often until you get a response before giving them details they ask for via a direct or private message.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 9

Baldrico
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So apparently there’s an error at billing end and direct debit has not been changed over and wanting me to pay today. Eh no 02 sort your s**t out.

IMG_3183.jpeg

 You don’t need to do a thing according to the email. Glad I’m leaving 02 is a joke of a company now with very poor customer service!

Message 6 of 9

pgn
  • 36392 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Leaving O2 always means a final bill, as charges in advance and any arrears often do not exactly match, with a refund to you as a result. Normally that goes into your bank automatically. How will you collect that, without undue hassle, if your DD details are incorrect and, as you will have left, your MyO2 access has been removed (as is standard practice when you terminate your contract Guide: Cancelling Your Contract), @Baldrico

Message 7 of 9

Baldrico
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn @My app no longer works. My02 shows no products or services listed. After several attempts to remedy this with customer services I had enough so gave 30 days notice to the retention team. This direct debit fiasco just confirms I’m making the correct choice and I’ll forgo any refund. Been with 02 more years than I care to remember both payg and contract but I’m done

Message 8 of 9

pgn
  • 36392 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Understandable, @Baldrico - time to "cut bait and run" I guess. Good luck with whomever gets your business that is not O2 👍

Message 9 of 9