Did you mean: 

voicemail access from abroad

Arshad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear All, 

Could you please let me know how to access my voicemail from abroad non-european country in the Middle East ? I have tried 1780, 07802090100 etc but nothing works. Both number unable to be dialled as when you dial it ends up in 3 tones and then hangs up,. Any help would be hugely appreciated. 

thanks

bw

Arshad

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Arshad 

All methods we know on this guide Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Arshad

Have you tried 901 or +44 7802 090100 or 1780 (as you have tried), it will then send you a number to call for Voicemail access.

Also you need to have setup a Voicemail PIN before you went to the Middle East.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Arshad 

From the guide.....

Voicemail 901 Abroad
Pay & Go
Can I listen to my voicemail when I'm abroad?
Just call 901 like you do at home. This will work in all countries where you can use your mobile abroad.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Arshad
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i have tried all of this but nothing works. it's really pathetic that i i have spent lots of money by dialing one number and another but i am unable to listen to my voice mail messages.
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Arshad 

Do you have enough credit to make the call back to UK?

@O2Richard 

Can you suggest anything else here?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

O2Richard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hey @MI5 @Arshad 

To access your voicemail abroad, you need set a direct dial number before you travel abroad as most countries don't accept the short code number

Former Guru team member
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @O2Richard 

The guide posted above was created (a few years ago) with both the community and O2.

As things obviously change over time, could you suggest what we can add to the guide to assist currently and if there are still differences for Contract and PAYG customers please?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

This is what is currently offered from O2 help pages:

How do I use voicemail when I’m abroad?

Before you travel, you’ll need to make sure you know your PIN.

Calling 901 as usual works in most countries. If it doesn’t, call 1780 free from your mobile, or +44 7802 090 100, and we'll text you the right number to call.

Depending on which country you're in, you'll either go straight to your messages or to your voicemail greeting. If it's your greeting, press * and type in your PIN.

If you forget your PIN when you’re abroad, try texting RESET to 802901. If that doesn’t work, contact us and ask us to reset it. You'll then need to change it before you can listen to your messages.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/voicemail

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

O2Richard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That information is correct, however they need to be actioned before customer travels abroad.

This is because the short codes don't work overseas, this is the same for pay monthly and pay and go, customer wont be able to access voicemail until their return to the UK

Former Guru team member
Message 10 of 19