Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock

GPG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why can't i get a code to unlock my samsung phone, without going to the o2 shop that is 20 mile return journey away ? Not very green is it ??

The o2 web site indicates it's just a call to 4445 but they can't do it and tell me to "go to the o2 shop "! I'm a septuagenarian and it's along way for me

From the O2 site"If you’ve checked and your device is locked to our network, you can ask us to unlock it at any time, for free. Choose the ‘Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go customers’ or ‘O2 Business customers’ section below to find out how to ask us to unlock your device.

To make your request, you’ll need your device’s unique IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) number. To find it, type *#06# into your device. It will then display the 15-digit number. It's a good idea to make a note of the number to speed the process along. "

No it doesn't !!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23167 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@GPG If your phone was bought from O2 after June of 2018 it isn't locked. 

If before that date, see this guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card. - o2uk

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

GPG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry but you're wrong. The O2 web site is misleading. Unlocking isn't a 'phone call away - it's 20 miles !!

You're very wise not to work for O2

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@GPG 

Who did you purchase your handset from ?

When did you purchase it ? 

Have you tried a PAYG SIM therein from another network to establish if it is locked at all ? 

Message 4 of 4