Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering to new account holder

Natalie-Anne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a parent I am currently the account holder of my daughter's monthly 02 SIM.

She now wishes to take over the account or close it and port the number to the online £8 for 25GB 1 year contract deal. Whichever is the easiest. Can you tell us how to do that please?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Natalie-Anne 

Your daughter needs to apply for the new account in her name as she needs to pass the credit checks.

Once that's done, you can migrate the number to it Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Natalie-Anne
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the information. Can she port my 02 number to her 02 account (it will even be the same sim)?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Natalie-Anne 

Not a port. A migration, as above and it will be a new sim as it's a new contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Natalie-Anne If all you're wanting to do is have your daughter take over the payments, as long as you don't mind leaving the account in your name she can do that without having to take a new contract and going through a credit check. You can just change the payment details in your MyO2 to her bank details.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Assuming she gets a new deal and you want to move the number, both of you will need to be present on the call so she can request the number and you permit the move @Natalie-Anne 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

Natalie-Anne
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems that my contract migration from Virgin to 02 only a few months ago is why I cannot pass the account on to my daughter yet as 02 will not be ready for operations like this for a few more months.  In the meantime I have 'upgraded' to a more competitive contract for when I can pass the account on.  On my first attempt to do this was met with 'it is not possible with this kind of account' yet the second 02 operative explained that is just a delay while 02 get their ducks in a row so to speak. I will wait until January and try again.

Message 7 of 7