Did you mean: 

sim

AnonLon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought a new sim for different phone - 

Tried adding the sim as a pay-as-you-go device on MyO2 account - followed steps and added new number but didn't get a message on the device. Guessing because it isn't linked up to cellular yet. Activation instructions are not clear at all. What should I do to activate? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145182 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@AnonLon 

You just need to topup a PAYG sim to activate it Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

AnonLon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried dialling 4444 before posting here and it said 'call failed', couldn't connect. 

Also tried registering the device with O2 (link you sent said to register with O2 before topping up) - tried and failed. ("You must register the card with O2 first.")

The expiry date was 07/2020. Is that a problem for activating sim?

I'd rather top up online via my O2 account - how can I add the sim to this account assuming it'll work despite being past expiration? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145182 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@AnonLon wrote:

The expiry date was 07/2020. Is that a problem for activating sim?

Yes, you need a new sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4