Did you mean: 

replacement sim

grubbyfingers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wonder if anyone can help on this.

Following a ballooning of its case caused by a faulty battery I recently disposed of my wife’s old PayAsYouGo iPhone, but neglected to remove the SIM. She would now like to request a new SIM to use in a replacement phone.

Unfortunately her credentials are not recognised in ‘myO2’. so she cannot do so on the web site.

A request for a password reset using a text message is not an option.

If she tries to reset her password etc by email she receives a reset link but that results in the message “We are unable to proceed with recovering your account”.

O2 ‘Lost/Stolen’ support services were unable to provide a solution. We would like to retain the phone number since there are a number of organisations including those health related that use a text to inform/remind people of appointments etc.

It’s hard to believe that what we are asking is impossible.

How to resolve this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@grubbyfingers You need to try the Lost/Stolen option again. Whoever told you they can't provide a solution doesn't know what they're talking about.

Lost or Stolen O2 Device

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27679 Solutions

@grubbyfingers 

The way I would do it would be to get a new PAYG sim https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go then when you've activated it, call 4445 to migrate her old number to the new sim 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

grubbyfingers
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Bambino thanks your reply. I'll try again, but their problem is authenticating me over the phone. I couldn't provide the balance on the phone nor a recent called number.
Message 4 of 5

grubbyfingers
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5 thanks your suggestion. I'll try the help desk again and if that fails follow up your suggestion.
Message 5 of 5