cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Invalid SIM" on New Doro GSM Phone (Pay and Go)

colinmel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Title says it all really! Brand new unlocked Doro 1360 big button GSM only phone. Put in a new Pay and Go SIM and all I get is "Invalid SIM" when I turn it on. Really stuck now.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@colinmel 

Agreed, it should be fine.

It could be a faulty sim or it could be inserted incorrectly.

I would also check with Amazon and at least report your issue, just in case it turns out that the phone is faulty.

Edited to add that having checked on Amazon I notice it is 2g only and O2 sims are known to be hit and miss with 2g only devices.

I would order another free sim to try https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@colinmel 

Sounds like you have a locked device, it is either region locked or network locked I would speak to Doro

Support (doro.com) 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@colinmel 

Where did you buy the phone from?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

colinmel
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phone bought from Amazon UK. Brand new unlocked UK & Ireland model. Should be fine!

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@colinmel 

Agreed, it should be fine.

It could be a faulty sim or it could be inserted incorrectly.

I would also check with Amazon and at least report your issue, just in case it turns out that the phone is faulty.

Edited to add that having checked on Amazon I notice it is 2g only and O2 sims are known to be hit and miss with 2g only devices.

I would order another free sim to try https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

colinmel
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, yes I have tried two O2 SIMs both with the same result. I think this will be going back to Amazon.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

I also noticed issues with EE on the Amazon reviews @colinmel 

2g only phones aren't good on modern networks these days so I'd look for something capable of 3g at the very least.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7