Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

puk code says not allowed

jdee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im trying to unlock an old nokia phone C3-01 it has a pin 2 code but when I entered the puk it said not allowed

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@jdee 

If you want to UNLOCK a phone then use the info in this guide

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@jdee 

Default PIN 2 code is 5555

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

jdee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello and thanks, I tried the code 5555 and I got the same message "not allowed"

I received my unlock code from 02 I entered the number and got a message saying unable to undo restriction so I looked further online and it mentioned that you need a pin 2 code if youve put the unlock code in to many times,  02 sent me a PUk number which said not allowed. Is the PUK number different from the pin 2 code.The mobile is a replacement sent to me by 02 years ago to replace a faulty phone. 

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@jdee 

PIN 2 and PUK are both related to your sim and not your phone, so a replacement phone makes no difference at all.

Something else is wrong or you need a different code.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

jdee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I have an old C3-01 phone I'm trying to unlock, I recieved the phone from 02 as a refurbished replacement for a phone that had a technical problem, I contacted 02 years ago for a unlock code it didn't work just came up with the message "unable to unrestrict" so I put it away and just recently decided to try again, I got in contact with 02 and again tried the code they sent me, I got the same message "unable to unrestrict" can anyone help me with what to do next?   

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@jdee 
Did you follow this advice?

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Have you tried another network sim in the phone to check if it's actually locked?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

jdee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I tried a sim from sky and a message appeared saying "restricted" and a "undo" message,  where I then entered the unlock code and it said "can't undo restriction"

Message 8 of 12

jdee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think the problem I have is the unlock code was been put in too many times and its locked I was just wonerding if I can do anything to rectify this? 

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@jdee 

It's probably hardlocked now. You may need the MCK code. Only our managers can help with that  and they aren't on until Monday. I will tag them to the thread. @Martin-O2 @LukasB @TheresaV 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12