Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay as you go

DoreenDaughter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My mum is 89, we have just asked for her pay monthly to be changed to pay as you go that we could top up maybe every 3 months as she will prob only make 2 calls per month. The sim o2 have sent her has 7gb data £10 ( she only makes calls) and not clear if she has to pay every month for it or how it works. She had pay as you go years ago and literally just added £5 every few months for odd calls made when out and about. Can I throw sim they have sent me away or will I be charged for it???  Website hopeless

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would have to pay every month to get allowances so she needs to change to Tesco or giffgaff to be able to use the phone as she wants

They do a suitable tariff

There is no charge if you throw the O2 sim away but if she wants to keep the same number she needs a PAC to give to the new network

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@DoreenDaughter 

O2 don't offer that type of Pay As You Go anymore, so if that is what you are wanting to do you will have to port the number out to the likes of Tesco Mobile but you will need to research, as this type of PAYG is being phased out.

You have to top up each month for the bundles.

If you throw the sim away you will lose the number, so may be best to port it out to keep the number. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would have to pay every month to get allowances so she needs to change to Tesco or giffgaff to be able to use the phone as she wants

They do a suitable tariff

There is no charge if you throw the O2 sim away but if she wants to keep the same number she needs a PAC to give to the new network

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Message 3 of 3