Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

i am currently on payg with new o2 number, how do i trasfer my regular number from another network to o2 payg, can this be done online now or how is it done ? how long does it take?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@b4u2 

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@b4u2 

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

b4u2
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@M15
Thank you very much for your quick response.
I just filled out this https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form , now when will my number port over to o2 ?
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@b4u2 

O2 will text you with a changeover date which I expect will be on Wednesday if they accept your request.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

b4u2
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@M15
I haven't received any text from o2 yet. When will I get it?
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I would advise that you send the form again @b4u2 or call them Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The text should come back quite quickly so if you don't get a text back you have to assume they have not received your request or something is wrong with the data provided.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

b4u2
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@M15
now my number has ported to o2 but it won't let me request Pac to port back ?
That's why I moved over because can't do internal port within same network.
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@b4u2 

You need to wait 30 days to get a new PAC from O2

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I'm aware you will have to leave it 30 days before you can port the number again

Message 9 of 14

b4u2
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@jonsie
Where is that info from?
Never heard such a thing before.
Message 10 of 14