new sim? swap? what

eilaroc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Am probably being dim...

Have new smartphone. Also have old phone with number which has been mine since 2005, so I don't really want to change it. SIM from old phone also dates from 2005 and will not fit in new smartphone. 

Do I

i) order new style SIM from o2 with existing number?

ii) perform a swap? if so how?

iii) give up and use carrier pigeons? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @eilaroc 

You will have to get a new sim to fit the phone.You can either ring O2 or go instore.

If you go instore they will transfer everything over for you including your current number.

If doing it yourself, you need to call O2 to send you a new sim.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

All numbers for O2 are in this guide.Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best number to call on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

O2Leyla
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 75 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hello Eilaroc, you can have a sim swap performed on the condition the number is still active this can be done via customer services which will be posted to yourself or by popping into one of our stores.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @eilaroc 

You will have to get a new sim to fit the phone.You can either ring O2 or go instore.

If you go instore they will transfer everything over for you including your current number.

If doing it yourself, you need to call O2 to send you a new sim.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

All numbers for O2 are in this guide.Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best number to call on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @eilaroc , I hope you got all the information you needed on what to do with your SIM/number. slight_smile Pop back in to the community anytime though if you have any further questions.

Message 4 of 4