Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new pay & go sim

STANBY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wish to switch to O2 since there is a better signal at home than my current provider.

I've ordered a Sim (twice) on line but neither have been delivered. I tried live chat, but after 5 minutes of profuse apologies etc sent my name & address, asked again for the Sim and signed off. Still nothing.

Any explanation ?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Are you ordering a PAYG sim from here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go the sim could just be lost in the post.

We wouldn't know any other reason, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

STANBY
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes that's where I ordered the Sims, once in late January, then again in early March. I had an email acknowledgement. The online chat adviser asked for a reference but there was none. Guess I'll just have to try again.

Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I guess you'll have to unfortunately.
There isn't usually a problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Do you live in a flat or apartment building? Could the sims have somehow been delivered to the wrong place?

As you say, your best option at this stage is to order again or you can pick one up at most supermarkets or newsagents. You can certainly get one from an O2 store but you would need to top it up going instore.

Good luck, I hope you get one soon.

Message 5 of 23

STANBY
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've ordered another on line - 3rd time lucky I hope.

Nope, I have a house in the country ! No O2 shop within an hour and a half drive.

Takes all sorts...but we like it.

I'll post if it arrives. Also if not.

Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll probably get all 3 at the same time wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 23

STANBY
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Third Sim hasn't been delivered. This cannot be a coincidence. Is there a black market in free O2 Sims  ?

I have a reply from O2 on each ocassion saying that the Sim is on its way, so the application succeeded, and the address is correct. I'll have one more try on the chat line, and if thazt doesn't work O2 will loose a new customer.

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most bizarre!

Currently using:
Message 9 of 23

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear you haven't received the SIMs that you ordered @STANBY, that sounds weird indeed! I'm going to drop you a quick PM (private message here on the forum) to get a few additional details to see if we can help find out on our end what the issue might be. Please check when you get a moment. 

Message 10 of 23