Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my pays as you go doesnt work abroad despite offer

Lana_R
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently switch from EE to O2 because EE stopped to offer the free roaming roaming in Europe. As a result Im in Greece and unable to make any call, text or use mobile data. i tried to reach an advisor through th support chat but the reply was - we dont have any advisors today available

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36548 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Reboot your phone, go into Network and Sims and set carrier from automatic to manual. If no carriers appear, set your phone down from 5G to 4G. Ensure both roaming and roaming data are enabled.

If still no joy, and you have an iPhone, set your data APN from idata to mobile.o2.co.uk and retry as above.

Failing that, call O2 or contact them via social media as in the link just below this post, and ask them to check roaming is enabled on your account, @Lana_R. Good luck.

PS, currently have 1 x Contract and 2 x PAYG in Spain, no issue once roaming calls and data were enabled, and 5G disabled on the Contract phone. 4G calling was disabled but made no difference, so is reenabled now.

Also take care you do not latch onto a Turkish or Albanian network, as they are not included in the O2 Europe deal - Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Message 2 of 5

Lana_R
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much for your help. But. It didnt work. I dont have G5 sim card, but others manipulations your offered unfortunatly did help. I still cant do or recieve any calls. O2 chart is ignoring me and i cant call to O2 because, as was mentioned, I cant do any calls. 

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 36548 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

You have internet, so you can reach out to O2 Social Media Team, link below tells how.

Message 4 of 5

pgn
  • 36548 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

You have internet, so you can reach out to O2 Social Media Team, link below tells how.

Tagging @Lana_R 

Message 5 of 5