Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international

FelixW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have an international sim bundle but don't need either the 4/5G or call benefits. I only need the sim to be able to receive text messages (from my UK bank) and to send messages. I have put on a tenner a month for the last 2 months only to get 0% of the 'international' sim benefits. Is there an alternative tariff without any of the additional 'benefits' where I can simply top up and keep the top up amount? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@FelixW 

Not with O2 directly but you could switch to giffgaff which is owned by O2 and who offer a basic PAYG. 

www.giffgaff.com 

They will also send a sim internationally to you.

You will need your PAC from O2 to keep your number Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@FelixW 

Not with O2 directly but you could switch to giffgaff which is owned by O2 and who offer a basic PAYG. 

www.giffgaff.com 

They will also send a sim internationally to you.

You will need your PAC from O2 to keep your number Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2