Did you mean: 

change tariff from O2 Standard to O2 Classic

SKIDI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

would someone please help me or point me to the correct direction on changing my tariff to PAYG Classic from standard tariff? 

I have an activated O2 PAYG classic sim card.

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@SKIDI 

You cant as PAYG classic is no longer available, to anyone as o2 now provide Rolling Plans and Big Bundles.  

If you have purchased a PAYG Classic sim it will have more than likely expired.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

PAYG Classic Tariff was discontinued a long time ago and is no longer available to new customers 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 15

SKIDI
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, i do have O2 classic sim which is active, what i really want is to change my tariff from PAYG Standard to the Classic, the option to do so is not available - guess only way i could keep my number and have O2 Classic would be to move away from O2 to different network and then port the number back to o2 Classic? the O2 Classic SIM is active till 2024

Regards,

Message 4 of 15

SKIDI
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

guess what i am really asking is transfer my number to new sim (O2 Classic) without moving the old tariff. Thnx

Message 5 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144491 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@SKIDI 

You can migrate your number to the classic sim but the sim currently holding your number will be cancelled. 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

SKIDI
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5 for your help. I did came across that thread before though in my scenario I’m moving from O2 PAYG to O2 PAYG ( just on a different tariff that O2 don’t encourage). 

I did try to call customer services few times on 202/2202 but it is very difficult to get through to them even at 8am or just after in the morning.

guess no harm in keep trying so I will keep trying 

Regards

Message 7 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36041 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You can also try, and be persistent, reaching out to O2's Social Media Team - the link just below this post has the details. Good luck, @SKIDI.

Message 8 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144491 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@SKIDI wrote:

Thanks MI5 for your help. I did came across that thread before though in my scenario I’m moving from O2 PAYG to O2 PAYG ( just on a different tariff that O2 don’t encourage). 

I did try to call customer services few times on 202/2202 but it is very difficult to get through to them even at 8am or just after in the morning.

guess no harm in keep trying so I will keep trying 

Regards

@SKIDI 

Matters not that it's payg to payg or any other combination.

Call early morning around 8.00am for best chance of getting through.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

SKIDI
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went down the route to port out of O2 and port back in to o2 classic however now the porting process seems to have taken its time, it has been more than a week since i filled out the porting in form online, called O2's customer services various times but unfortunately still gaining any headways with them, any advise/instructions would be greatly appreciated.

FY: I have ported out my number from o2 talk a lot to 3 network, now wishing to port back in to o2 classic from 3 - i already have an active o2 classic sim.

Thanks

Message 10 of 15