cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happend to O2's online topup?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on PAYG. Have topped up online for many, many years via https://www.o2.co.uk/topup. However, this link now defaults to My O2. Once logged in, there is no topup option to be found anywhere.

Contacted support chat who said they would only serve shop and contract customers. They suggested the only way to topup would be calling 4444 or 4445.

Tried that, message on 4445 announces a wait time of more than an hour!

Also tried topping up by card via 4444 (actually the one I always used for online topup), doesn't work either.

Is that O2's way to get rid of PAYG customers?

Chris

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guide above is outdated and doesn't work anymore. I have answered in https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408 because I think it might get more attention there. Problem is on O2's side I believe. There is no TOPUP PAYG link in MY O2...

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous 

There is in my MyO2?

topup.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

The link works and brought back the usual account page, thanks. However, I'm now getting "Sorry, we're having some problems at the moment. Please try again." when selecting the billing address. That's before

I can enter the credit card number. ..

2022-09-26 23-44-14.gif

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122954 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Guide above is outdated and doesn't work anymore. I have answered in https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408 because I think it might get more attention there. Problem is on O2's side I believe. There is no TOPUP PAYG link in MY O2...

Just to clarify, the guide DOES work and 2 members proved My O2 has got a link to top up. I need to check if anything needs adding re Big Bundles. That's all.

The system is currently down for you and I would suggest if you are still having problems tomorrow, you delete the My O2 app and reinstall.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Decdec
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you ever get this resolved ? I also now have the same

issue. There’s no top up option in the website for me 

Message 7 of 7